- You can attend various meetings as a representative of The War & Peace Foundation
- You can help us drop off the War & Peace Digest at the United Nations Missions, Student Unions, downtown Book Stores
- You can be one of our prime contacts who spreads the word to all your own contacts on upcoming lectures, demonstrations, letter writing drives
- You can pass out flyers on these upcoming events and all the information media we produce
- You can help us expand our mailing list and our email lists
- You can help us get the Digest ready for mailing (folding, labeling, taking to post office
- You can help us duplicate our video tapes & audio tapes
- You can gather your favorite writings to post on our web-site
- You can help us raise funds through researching grants and venues for our books
- You can research pictures for our book projects
- You can escort Ms. Brackman to NGO meetings and act as the meeting's note-taker
- You can help us transcribe from audio Ms. Brackman's notes for her lectures and books
- You can inquire at your school, job, neighborhood stores if they would be interested in carrying our digest or books
- You can inquire at your school, job, or community center if they would be interested in having Ms. Brackman lecture there.
- You can contact anti-war, environmental, and human rights organizations and tell them about us. You can help us to align our projects with theirs, exchange website links and information with them.
- You can let us know your interests and we would put you to work or to work with one of our associates.
Our interns are awarded school credit if desired and we work hard to make the internship experience mutually beneficial. The War and Peace Foundation holds today's students, activists, and volunteers in the highest esteem.
- Writer A
- In keeping with your present course work or field of interest, write original articles for the digest and the website
- Writer B
- Work with Selma on book projects, speeches, papers
- Writer C
- Editing: Assist Selma on writing and selecting articles for the digest and on-line digest. Contact writer for permission. Edit writing for length.
- Obtain e-mail names to expand email database and spread the work about our Foundation. Contact local Universities and book stores to carry our digest.
- Website work
- Post material, scan material to post; create links, have other websites link back to us.
- Lay out our Digest and Book Projects in PageMaker.
- Research and contact Publishers who might be interested in publishing our books. Compose and present our book summaries to them. Advertise for our current books. Work with on line book sellers
- Grant Writing
- Find suitable organizations that might help support the War & Peace Foundation. Join our grant writing program and develop this valuable skill. Receive a percentage of allotted funds if grants are awarded.
- Office Help
- Filing, data input, letter writing.
- Possible topics include:
- Alternative Medicine
- Poverty (national and international)
- Impact Of Aids
- Water Contamination
- Genetically Modified Foods
- Education (100 million children not able to go to school)
- Cost Of War In Iraq; Cost Of War In America
- Peace Movements
- Environmental Movements
- Current Campaign Platforms
- Current Nuclear Policy